Veem - Ottawa | SalesApply Now
Veem empowers small and medium businesses who spend too much time and money dealing with inefficient financial payment systems. Our transparent, relationship-based payments model makes it easy to build trust with your vendors, contractors and customers by providing a quick and seamless payable and receivable process. We make the process even easier for these clients by supporting integration with all major accounting software including QuickBooks, Netsuite, and Xero. Backed by top investors such as Truist Ventures, Google Ventures, Goldman Sachs, Kleiner Perkins and a global syndicate of tech-forward banks based in the US, Japan, China, Australia, and the Middle East, Veem is a fast-growing financial technology company that is changing the way companies pay and get paid.
As an SMB Account Executive, you are responsible for hunting SMB companies to use Veem's payment platform. This is a sales job in a fast-paced environment. You will be responsible for prospecting new accounts, on-boarding new customers and assisting to complete their first transactions on the Veem payment platform.
The ideal candidate must have experience with business development and inside sales. They will need to be a self-starter and not be afraid to take self-driven initiatives. Experience in the accounting industry, either with accountants or a similar tech company, is an asset.
Your role will include:
- Active prospecting – develop new clients & new business via email, Linkedin, calling, networking, start-up associations attendance
- Pursuing and nurturing enterprise relationships with Top 300 accounting firms to expand their use of the Veem platform
- Close and process inbound leads
- Fill and expand the sales pipeline
- Become a Veem platform expert
- Work with Account Managers, payment operation, and compliance
To be successful in this role, you’ll need:
- 1-3 year success in a high volume sales roles as an Account Executive or Sales Development Rep.
- Experience with CRM tools (salesforce.com or other)
- Experience with accounting tools (Quickbooks, Xero, Netsuite) strongly preferred
You must be:
- Results Driven
- Client focused
- Possess strong people and communication
- Presentable and comfortable in a start-up environment
- Multilingual skills is a huge plus
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefits package (Health, Dental, Medical, Vision)
- Group RRSP Plan (after 3 months)
- 3 weeks vacation
- Friday afternoon unwind