Ottawa, Ontario, Canada | EngineeringApply Now
Veem empowers businesses who spend too much time and money dealing with inefficient financial payment systems. Our transparent, relationship-based payments model makes it easy to build trust with your vendors, contractors and customers by providing a quick and seamless payable and receivable process. We make the process even easier for these clients by supporting integration with all major accounting software including QuickBooks, Netsuite, and Xero. Backed by top investors such as Goldman Sachs, Kleiner Perkins and Google Ventures, Veem is a fast-growing financial technology company that is changing the way companies pay and get paid.
We are looking for a Software Architect to enhance Veem’s existing infrastructure, security and performance and build new system features. This person will possess a balance of development/technical savvy and team leadership skills and will excel at managing multiple projects.
- Provide technical leadership and architectural patterns for our product engineering and platform engineering teams
- Collaborate organization-wide to produce cutting-edge technical solutions
- Use a proactive approach to business challenges by researching best practices in architecture, DevOps, and developer productivity.
- Collaborate with Engineering Leadership to understand, build, maintain, and support the long term technological roadmap, including internal and external features.
- Coach and mentor technically leaning staff, within and outside of Engineering, leading by example and providing inspiration.
- Act as the lead technical resources on many product and technical initiatives
- Help define the technology roadmap and communicate the status of progress against high-level milestones
- Apply a lens of security to all designs which includes data security, access controls, and monitoring
- Troubleshoot coding problems quickly and efficiently
- Ensure customer success in designing, building and migrating applications, software, and services
- Lead the technical direction for improving the developer interfaces of our core product features and workflows
- Support our marketing and sales process with assistance in developing white papers, architectural diagrams, filling out infrastructure or compliance surveys
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or related degree preferred
- 10+ years of experience designing and implementing software applications
- Significant experience in Fintech or Payments industry
- Demonstrated experience designing and delivering complex software platforms at scale
- Multiple years in an architecture role within an Agile Development organization
- Deep knowledge of web applications, cybersecurity and open source technologies
- Experience with service oriented architectures and event driven architectures
- Professional experience analyzing code for weaknesses and errors, and overseeing plans to improve them
- Broad and extensive knowledge of software development processes and associated technologies
- Experience designing secure software systems based upon industry-specific specifications
- Knowledge of architectural styles and design patterns
- Understanding of various development methodologies and computer languages, preferably Java and JS
- Extensive experience with cloud architecture
- Strong familiarity with SQL and No-SQL database systems and related Big Data concepts
- Collaborative by nature with outstanding communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
- Comfort with working in a fast-paced, and dynamic environment
- Willing and able to roll up your sleeves to assist in software development when appropriate or needed
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive Benefits Package (Health, Dental, Medical, Vision)
- Group RRSP Plan (after 3 months)
- 3 weeks vacation
- Friday afternoon unwind