Sales Development Representative (SDR)
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada | SalesApply Now
What if the company you worked for gave time back to millions of people? At Veem that’s just what we do. The old way of paying a business, with technology built in the ’70s, takes hours out of business owners lives every week. Hours they can give back to their employees, their family, their passion. Hours to do what they got into business to do, be it making cupcakes, creating educational toys, or being professional gamers – all examples from our customers. At Veem we are disrupting that ’70s tech with the most advanced business payments network on the planet. We should know, we built it! Join Veem and let’s give business owners the payment system they deserve.
In this role you will generate new business opportunities by following a proven process to prospect into business accounts. You are motivated to identify and research lists of companies and contacts to target, and to develop and manage email and telephone campaigns to generate new business opportunities. This position has advancement potential within the sales organization, and the compensation package includes an uncapped commission structure.
At Veem you will have the opportunity to grow and develop alongside the organization, with detailed training both on the Veem product and cutting edge sales techniques. At Veem, we believe in providing a strong career path as well as the tools and opportunity to be promoted into more senior sales roles within the organization. This is a role where you can get your foot in the door and, with our support, show us you have what it takes to grow your career in sales through hard work and dedication to your craft.
- Learn and execute business development processes, including cold-calling and emailing to drive new business opportunities
- Follow up with leads to qualify and conduct initial discovery of their requirements
- Undergo training and adhere to processes to build out the skill profile needed to develop your career
- Strategize with sales executives and marketing team to support prospecting programs through direct outreach
- Leverage CRM tools to effectively prospect and organize leads
Experience and Education Requirements
- Experience in and unafraid of cold-calling
- Salesforce.com experience will be considered a positive but is not required
- Proficiency in standard Office and G-Suite functions
Attributes and Skills
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal
- Professional demeanor
- Exceptional desire to succeed and grow within an organization
- Demonstrable confidence and sales pitching ability
- Tenacious and competitive with a results-driven mentality