Ottawa, Ontario, Canada | EngineeringApply Now
What if the company you worked for gave time back to millions of people? At Veem that’s just what we do. The old way of paying a business, with technology built in the ’70s, takes hours out of business owners lives every week. Hours they can give back to their employees, their families, their passion. Hours to do what they got into business to do, be it making cupcakes, creating educational toys, or being professional gamers – all examples from our customers. At Veem we are disrupting that ’70s tech with the most advanced business payments network on the planet. We should know, we built it. Join Veem and let’s give business owners the payment system they deserve.
- Be part of an Agile team. Work closely with a team of FE, BE, QA and Product Managers on a daily basis.
- Voice your opinion, collaboratively come up with a decision as a team. Be held accountable as a team.
- Work with Architects to design & code new features for our expanding business.
- Document your technical design and approach.
- Write integration tests. (BE, QA) Write unit tests (FE).
- Perform code reviews inter- & intra-Agile teams.E
- Evolve & expand a modern SOA distributed platform that is processing several $1 Billlion USD annually.
- Java (will consider Kotlin, Scala & Go engineers)
- Designing & scaling REST APIs in a distributed SOA system,
- Building consumer facing apps (web or mobile) that scale,
- AWS or other Cloud platforms
Bonus: experience in SpringBoot, Redis & Cassandra
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive Benefits Package (Health, Dental, Medical, Vision)
- Group RRSP Plan (after 3 months)
- 3 weeks vacation
- Weekly lunch, cereal bar, Monday bagel breakfasts, fruits/snacks
- Monthly Team Outings and Office wide quarterly events
- Friday afternoon unwind