San Francisco, California, USA | SalesApply Now
What if the company you worked for gave time back to millions of people? At Veem that’s just what we do. The old way of paying a business, with technology built in the ’70s, takes hours out of business owners lives every week. Hours they can give back to their employees, their family, their passion. Hours to do what they got into business to do, be it making cupcakes, creating educational toys, or being professional gamers – all examples from our customers. At Veem we are disrupting that ’70s tech with the most advanced business payments network on the planet. We should know, we built it. Join Veem and let’s give business owners the payment system they deserve.
As an Analyst of Business Analytics, you will work all across the organization to help shape our business and pricing strategies by processing, analyzing and interpreting huge data sets. Using analytical precision and statistical methods, you will mine through data to identify opportunities to better optimize our service for customers through pricing analytics, cost optimization, market analytics - forecasting, segmentation, behavioral vs demographics.
Pricing is the most critical part of your job. With hundreds of corridors and tiers, you must bring the ability to demonstrate elasticity and CLV from pricing proposals based on your ability to interpret site and account information.
In the end, you do more than just crunch the numbers. You work with Sales, Marketing, and Product leadership to help drive insightful actions through your findings. Identifying the problem is only half the job; you also figure out the solution.
- Primarily supporting Sales and Marketing
- Pricing analytics - Formulate, present and implement pricing proposals for numerous corridors and tiers keeping in consideration: volume and margin inter-dependencies, customer segmentation, foreign exchange costs, and CLV, among other considerations.
- Work closely with Product to ensure precise and secure implementation of all required pricing actions. You should be able to navigate across datasets to bring elasticity and CLV results back.
- Business analytics – perform, evaluate and interpret for executive leadership team, analysis on business metrics to include: CLV, retention, segmentation and tiering of customers, acquisition and churn trigger.
- Acquisition modeling – join customer segmentation, sales cycles, and CLV analysis to help project future growth of our various channels. Provide insights through modelling on what is our most efficient approach for scaling.
- Communicate business findings and strategic recommendations to senior management. Drive the implementation of Analytics Platforms that connect data systems and Business Intelligence systems.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree, MBA desirable
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in business analytics
- Experience with SQL. Experience in statistical modeling techniques.
- Strength in matching customer behavior to revenue implications.
- Experience and understanding in price elasticity.
- Demonstrated ability to understand all parts of the business
- Strong analytical ability and ability to assess cross functional processes
- Exceptional system application skills, comfortable operating in multiple systems to extract and analyze data, including Sales Force, Looker, Snowflake. Expert level skill in MS Excel or other analytical tools.
- Demonstrated track record of applying creative thinking and analysis to solve business needs in ambiguous environments. Must have experience implementing operational rigor and programs across organizations
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with people in diverse and different settings
- Exceptional oral and written communication and presentation skills, with ability to summarize analytics and modeling challenges in a suitable format and content for easy consumption by the audience
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, environment where you must take on multiple responsibilities and do what it takes to get things done
Veem is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply and always consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know