Veem empowers small and medium businesses who spend too much time and money dealing with inefficient financial payment systems. Our transparent, relationship-based payments model makes it easy to build trust with your vendors, contractors and customers by providing a quick and seamless payable and receivable process. We make the process even easier for these clients by supporting integration with all major accounting software including QuickBooks, Netsuite, and Xero. Backed by top investors such as Truist Ventures, Google Ventures, Goldman Sachs, Kleiner Perkins and a global syndicate of tech-forward banks based in the US, Japan, China, Australia, and the Middle East, Veem is a fast-growing financial technology company that is changing the way companies pay and get paid.
This role partners closely with team across the organization including our, Technology, Operations, Payments, Finance, Sales and Marketing, Legal, Credit and Risk and Compliance. The primary product areas of focus include FX, Global Payment and Pricing Strategies.
- Develop and define the overall product business direction for cross border payments.
- Support efforts to ideate, develop and execute the product roadmap tied to client needs and business case
- Work closely with clients, other product team members, technology teams, and other internal and external business partners
- Envision the product set needed to deliver business cases and develop roadmaps that guide the organization in the work needed to fulfill the product needs and support the business case. Lead the process through which all work on maintenance and creation is prioritized to optimize the return on investment
- Product leadership: create and introduce new solutions and enhancements to existing solutions along multiple time horizons.
- Product design: conceptualize products and their associated features and functions, and produce content that enables engineers and other roles to complete the work needed to bring designs to life
- Customer research: develop and implement listening posts that operate as feedback mechanisms for existing solutions, and that serve as inputs into new product development
- Product development: using the secure agile framework, and directing UX and engineering expertise from the shared service organization, from third parties, and from the product organization, oversee the detailed design, build and implementation of products
- Product commercialization: work with the marketing team, sales organization, and distribution partners to evangelize the product portfolios, and to prepare the distribution network to derive returns from the product portfolios
- Product management: own the product from end-to-end, from the beginning of the product lifecycle through to product end-of-life. Continuously optimize the portfolio mix to realize maximum benefit
- At least +4 years of experience with product development, business case development, roadmaps, and product launch in global payments, financial services, or fintechs with proven consulting experience or similar highly desired
- Bachelor’s degree, advance degree is preferred
- Experience in developing and launching pricing strategies against corporate revenue goals.
- Strong functional background in product leadership including strategy, go-to-market, development of value propositions and with knowhow of how payments ecosystems work, demonstrated success delivering results, measuring performance, and ensuring accountability
- Strong product and technical background with good understanding of lending and payment industries, across B2B would be preferable.
- Demonstrated ability to pivot from macro to micro issues from shaping the product while driving the agenda to the day-to-day details of launching/piloting initiatives
- A team player with strong partnership and collaborative style, with outstanding communication skills written, verbal and presentation
- Able to lead, influence and partner within a matrixed environment. Prior experience working in and thriving in a shared services environment is required
- Must be able to write EPIC’s, Jira tickets, prioritize work with engineering and UI/UX.
- Prior experience managing through significant change and challenge is preferred
Veem is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply and always consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.