Veem empowers small and medium businesses who spend too much time and money dealing with inefficient financial payment systems. Our transparent, relationship-based payments model makes it easy to build trust with your vendors, contractors and customers by providing a quick and seamless payable and receivable process. We make the process even easier for these clients by supporting integration with all major accounting software including QuickBooks, Netsuite, and Xero. Backed by top investors such as Truist Ventures, Google Ventures, Goldman Sachs, Kleiner Perkins and a global syndicate of tech-forward banks based in the US, Japan, China, Australia, and the Middle East, Veem is a fast-growing financial technology company that is changing the way companies pay and get paid.
- Work with Veem leaders to drive towards the vision of Veem’s payment platform.
- Drive the roadmap to build highly available and reliable services.
- Deeply involved in designing fund flows for new and existing products.
- Develop efficient processes to ensure the engineering team is operating with high velocity, quality and ownership.
- Focus your team on increasing resiliency.
- Provide efficient technical support to the payment processing and operations teams.
- Develop engineers on the team by helping them learn and achieve their own goals while holding them and yourself to high engineering standards.
- Help in recruiting great engineers.
- Managed a team that shipped and operated critical infrastructure (preferably in payments) 2+ years
- Have 6+ years experience as an engineer
- Experience with Java development
- Experience with designing & scaling REST APIs
- Experience with a distrtibuted microservice architecture
- Work well cross functionally and able to make hard decisions
- Enjoy and thrive on responsibility
COVID-19 considerations: Office has masking and social distancing protocol in place. Subject
to legal restrictions, all employees will be required to provide proof of vaccination to be
regularly in the office.
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive Benefits Package (Health, Dental, Medical, Vision)
- Group RRSP Plan (after 3 months)
- 3 weeks vacation
- Friday afternoon unwind