Veem empowers small and medium businesses who spend too much time and money dealing with inefficient financial payment systems. Our transparent, relationship-based payments model makes it easy to build trust with your vendors, contractors and customers by providing a quick and seamless payable and receivable process. We make the process even easier for these clients by supporting integration with all major accounting software including QuickBooks, Netsuite, and Xero. Backed by top investors such as Truist Ventures, Google Ventures, Goldman Sachs, Kleiner Perkins and a global syndicate of tech-forward banks based in the US, Japan, China, Australia, and the Middle East, Veem is a fast-growing financial technology company that is changing the way companies pay and get paid.
Your role at Veem will be to build a Risk/AML strategy with systems and tools that bring on high quality business users to Veem. You will work across all teams in the company to ensure risk and fraud awareness and tools are integrated as needed. Your role is critical to Veem’s growth with a smooth customer onboarding experience and risk reduction on the Veem platform. This dynamic role will demand adaptability and an individual that is both agile and consistent. Autonomy is a necessity as you will be trusted with making decisions that count.
- Lead and manage global risk team
- You will drive the vision, strategy, and manage a product roadmap for internal teams and end users to enable rapid identification of new issues and secure the platform going forward.
- Accountable for financial losses
- Develop profile strategy for global individuals and businesses KYC
- Collaboration with Compliance, Product, Design, Engineering, Data Science, Customer and Risk Operations, Sales and Legal teams to optimize processes and workflows
- Collaboration with all product teams to ensure Risk and Fraud Detection awareness and tracking mechanisms are embedded.
- Selection and ongoing monitoring of third party vendors.
- Understand our compliance framework. Work across teams to extend that framework to drive the business forward.
- At least 5 years in the financial transaction space with a primary focus in Risk, Fraud & Money Laundering.
- Current on risk tools, systems and strategies
- Experience focused on business risk vectors and business entity validation preferred.
- Experienced in dealing with online fraud including Account Take Over and Identity Theft
- Organizational skills with a keen eye for detail
- Excellent communication, multi-tasking and prioritization skills
- Strong data profiling, cleaning & mining capabilities
- You truly thrive in a fast paced environment
- Ability to collaborate across teams, driving results within world class user experiences
COVID-19 considerations: Office has masking and social distancing protocol in place. Subject
to legal restrictions, all employees will be required to provide proof of vaccination to be
regularly in the office.