Veem empowers small and medium businesses who spend too much time and money dealing with inefficient financial payment systems. Our transparent, relationship-based payments model makes it easy to build trust with your vendors, contractors and customers by providing a quick and seamless payable and receivable process. We make the process even easier for these clients by supporting integration with all major accounting software including QuickBooks, Netsuite, and Xero. Backed by top investors such as Truist Ventures, Google Ventures, Goldman Sachs, Kleiner Perkins and a global syndicate of tech-forward banks based in the US, Japan, China, Australia, and the Middle East, Veem is a fast-growing financial technology company that is changing the way companies pay and get paid.
Veem is seeking a Site Reliability Engineer to join our growing team and help build the next generation of our global payments platform. As a Site Reliability Engineer, the candidate will apply software engineering principles to maintain a broad range of infrastructure and applications, with a focus on self-healing solutions. This individual will also be responsible for helping to evaluate and enhance our current security posture.
The ideal candidate will undertake substantive projects, shepherding these initiatives to completion with only high-level requirements and guidance on how to operate within the existing environment. We are a results-oriented team with a lot of power to affect change. With this empowerment comes an expectation of competence, dedication, and sound judgment.
The SRE team evolves and maintains Veem’s cloud-based production and pre-production infrastructure - which is built on the AWS platform - focusing on performance, scalability, availability, and durability.
We either create or apply off-the-shelf tooling to system performance, application performance, and security monitoring to detect incidents for proactive alerting and remediation.
- We develop and improve our security posture (via security as code) across a continuous delivery environment and cloud based production environments. This includes policy, training, monitoring, response, and compliance functions.
- Our Stack Includes
- Java (SpringBoot) + NodeJS (React)
- Python, Golang (internal tooling)
- Terraform, Pulumi (Go), Ansible, Packer
- Kubernetes + containers
- Gitlab CI
Five years of experience in a DevOps or SRE role. This is not an entry level position - a successful candidate will be expected to ramp up quickly and start contributing.
Substantial professional experience with the following are considered essential:
- At least one programming language - ideally Go and/or Python. If other then that’s fine, but you’ll need to get up to speed with Go in particular
- An infrastructure as code toolset - Terraform, CloudFormation, Pulumi or equivalent
- A configuration management tool - Ansible, Puppet, SaltStack, Chef or equivalent
- One of the major public cloud platforms - AWS or equivalent
- Networking (DNS, VPNs, load balancing, firewalls/WAF, routing etc)
- A major Linux distribution (anything derived from Debian or RHEL is fine)
- CI/CD tooling - GitLab, CircleCI, AWS Code*, Jenkins or equivalent
Experience with the following will be helpful:
- Implementing “Security as code” seen through Application Security architectures in the context of CI/CD
- Working knowledge with data warehouses and/or Big Data such as Redshift, Snowflake, RDS, Hadoop, MapR, Spark.
- Experience with SIEM, IPS/IDS, security operations, incident analysis, incident handling, vulnerability management, or testing, log analysis, and forensics
- Experience with creating policies, processes, and collecting evidence as it relates to industry security standards (PCI, SOC2)
- Containers, and Kubernetes in particular
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or similar field from an accredited four-year university
Culturally, you embody...
- A focus on delivering impact and value.
- A calming presence - you must project confidence and composure under pressure
- A selfless attitude - leave your ego at the door
- A strong work ethic and pragmatic approach to problem solving
- A growth mindset and love of learning
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
COVID-19 considerations: Office has masking and social distancing protocol in place. Subject
to legal restrictions, all employees will be required to provide proof of vaccination to be
regularly in the office.
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive Benefits Package (Health, Dental, Medical, Vision)
- Group RRSP Plan (after 3 months)
- 3 weeks vacation
- Friday afternoon unwind