Veem empowers small and medium businesses who spend too much time and money dealing with inefficient financial payment systems. Our transparent, relationship-based payments model makes it easy to build trust with your vendors, contractors and customers by providing a quick and seamless payable and receivable process. We make the process even easier for these clients by supporting integration with all major accounting software including QuickBooks, Netsuite, and Xero. Backed by top investors such as Truist Ventures, Google Ventures, Goldman Sachs, Kleiner Perkins and a global syndicate of tech-forward banks based in the US, Japan, China, Australia, and the Middle East, Veem is a fast-growing financial technology company that is changing the way companies pay and get paid.
- Design, implement and mature current secure CI/CD pipeline practices
- Be an active stakeholder in the infrastructure change management process to review and approve Infrastructure-as-a-code deployments
- Partner with infrastructure team members and drive Kubernetes migration
- Ensure the security, availability, and stability of the AWS infrastructure, network & firewall components to fulfill the availability of SLAs
- Deploy and manage AWS Cloud Native Services such as AWS Security Hub, GuardDuty, WAF, Inspector, Cloudtrail, Cloudwatch, KMS, Backup, etc.
- Execute quarterly DR/BCP tests for the core infrastructure systems, including application servers and database
- Oversee the AWS infrastructure to ensure the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of systems, applications, and data
- Partner with Application Security Specialist, Security Architect, and Manager, Cybersecurity Risk, and Compliance, to identify and mitigate any security vulnerabilities and risks associated with the AWS platform, infrastructure, and related processes
- Design, implement, and maintain platform and infrastructure security controls in an operational state to meet the industry and compliance requirements, including but not limited to SOC 2, PCI-DSS, GDPR, etc.
- Provide weekly updates and build executive reports on the KPIs and KRIs
- Analyze and integrate Security Solutions into multiple platforms, including Development, QA, and Production Systems
- Work with third-party vendors on existing integrations, license renewals, POCs & POVs, integrate new tools & services for maturing current capabilities, and deliver new capabilities
- Continually assess and enhance Veem’s AWS platform security posture by introducing preventative controls, trust relationships, process improvements, and automation
- Develop architectural diagram designs and documentation to help partnering cloud infrastructure, application, and security teams to understand the boundaries and capabilities of the tools available to them
- Work in a fast-paced environment. Work under pressure to meet tight deadlines, where necessary
- Troubleshoot complex security incidents and be available off-hours to respond to infrastructure monitoring alerts & incidents
- 4+ years of experience managing AWS infrastructure components and services
- 3+ years of experience working with Agile methodologies
- 2+ years of experience working with Ansible, Terraform, Github, Cloudflare, and PagerDuty
- Linux administrator and IT Networking background
- Understanding of Python and SQL
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science, Engineering, or another quantitative field
- Relevant AWS certifications such as Security architect, security administrator, Solutions Architect, DevOps Engineer, SysOps Administrator
- Demonstrated problem-solving techniques, and strong verbal and written communication skills
COVID-19 considerations: Office has masking and social distancing protocol in place. Subject
to legal restrictions, all employees will be required to provide proof of vaccination to be
regularly in the office.
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive Benefits Package (Health, Dental, Medical, Vision)
- Group RRSP Plan (after 3 months)
- 3 weeks vacation
- Friday afternoon unwind