Veem empowers small and medium businesses who spend too much time and money dealing with inefficient financial payment systems. Our transparent, relationship-based payments model makes it easy to build trust with your vendors, contractors and customers by providing a quick and seamless payable and receivable process. We make the process even easier for these clients by supporting integration with all major accounting software including QuickBooks, Netsuite, and Xero. Backed by top investors such as Truist Ventures, Google Ventures, Goldman Sachs, Kleiner Perkins and a global syndicate of tech-forward banks based in the US, Japan, China, Australia, and the Middle East, Veem is a fast-growing financial technology company that is changing the way companies pay and get paid.
Your first goal in this position is to run the day-to-day Veem website experience. You’ll accomplish this by managing our Wordpress speed, UI, design, and SEO.
- Manage the marketing materials to meet high quality standards.
- Establish website strategies to support Veem goals.
- Set and implement strategies to grow qualified, profitable external traffic to our products and services, maximize sales and revenue, and meet other business objectives through various marketing strategies.
- Build landing pages.
- Recommend the suite of tools, technologies, automation and processes necessary for scaling our website efforts.
- Execute digital marketing strategies to support company sales lead generation, marketing and branding initiatives to include but not limited to the development and implementation of the following: SEO/SEM, Content Marketing, Marketing database campaigns, Web/online survey campaigns, Multiple call-to-action landing pages, Social media engagement.
- Implement high-end marketing pages with rich UI. You will bring a fundamental understanding of WordPress to your work and build high profile marketing pages. You will collaborate with our team to ensure that the goals are being met and that the delivery is of the highest standard.
- Convert designs into pixel-perfect responsive web pages.
- Work closely with our designers on implementing designs into code.
- Measure and optimize overall web page performances.
- Hands-on troubleshooting, debugging and fixing of issues during development and post-release.
- 3+ years as a WordPress Developer in a professional setting.
- Experience using Wordpress Engine as a managed hosting platform.
- Ability to develop cutting edge WordPress themes & plugins that are efficient and seamless across environments.
- Experience working in other web development languages.
- Excellent troubleshooting and debugging skills
Nice to have
- Full-stack developer experience (we have other development projects that could be a fit).
- Startup experience (preferably in a company that grew substantially within the time worked)
COVID-19 considerations: Office has masking and social distancing protocol in place. Subject
to legal restrictions, all employees will be required to provide proof of vaccination to be
regularly in the office.
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive Benefits Package (Health, Dental, Medical, Vision)
- Group RRSP Plan (after 3 months)
- 3 weeks vacation
- Friday afternoon unwind