Veem empowers small and medium businesses who spend too much time and money dealing with inefficient financial payment systems. Our transparent, relationship-based payments model makes it easy to build trust with your vendors, contractors and customers by providing a quick and seamless payable and receivable process. We make the process even easier for these clients by supporting integration with all major accounting software including QuickBooks, Netsuite, and Xero. Backed by top investors such as Truist Ventures, Google Ventures, Goldman Sachs, Kleiner Perkins and a global syndicate of tech-forward banks based in the US, Japan, China, Australia, and the Middle East, Veem is a fast-growing financial technology company that is changing the way companies pay and get paid.
Every team member contributes to the transactional reviews that support our core business, this includes:
- Open and perform fraud investigations
- Performing risk evaluations on new & existing Veem accounts
- Transaction and Alert Monitoring for Fraudulent Activity
- Evaluate Documentation/Information for Fraudulent Signals
- Handling Customer Fraud/Dispute claims
In addition to these responsibilities the Losses Strategist is responsible for:
- Develop comprehensive fraud/credit strategies, processes, training, and methodologies needed to develop and support loss prevention systems.
- Support fraud/credit operations with the analysis/investigation of trends and solutions integrity
- Analyze, compare, and refine existing detection/enforcement systems
- Design and develop reports/dashboards to support losses analysis
- Evaluate, test, and implement new 3rd party data provider software/tools that solve for online account fraud/credit exposure
- Effectively communicate losses strategy updates and investigation results to the leadership team
- Minimum 2 years experience in a similar role, with quantifiable impact results
- Demonstrated Project Management fundamentals, with the ability to drive execution on projects that span multiple teams.
- Intermediate to Advanced SQL abilities, exposure to quantitative tools
- Experience working with engineering, machine learning, and data science teams
- You truly thrive in a fast paced environment
COVID-19 considerations: Office has masking and social distancing protocol in place. Subject
to legal restrictions, all employees will be required to provide proof of vaccination to be
regularly in the office.
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive Benefits Package (Health, Dental, Medical, Vision) from Day 1
- Group RRSP Plan (after 3 months)
- 3 weeks vacation
- Friday afternoon unwind
- Professional Development (Growth - Learning & Development)