Veem empowers small and medium businesses who spend too much time and money dealing with inefficient financial payment systems. Our transparent, relationship-based payments model makes it easy to build trust with your vendors, contractors and customers by providing a quick and seamless payable and receivable process. We make the process even easier for these clients by supporting integration with all major accounting software including QuickBooks, Netsuite, and Xero. Backed by top investors such as Truist Ventures, Google Ventures, Goldman Sachs, Kleiner Perkins and a global syndicate of tech-forward banks based in the US, Japan, China, Australia, and the Middle East, Veem is a fast-growing financial technology company that is changing the way companies pay and get paid.
- The Engineering team’s objective is to deliver capabilities that are foundational for our business.
- Work closely with our agile team of FE, BE, and QA engineers, as well as Product Managers, on a daily basis.
- Be an active participant in the team’s collaborative decision process.
- Work with other engineers to design and code new features for our expanding business.
- Document your technical design and approach.
- Write integration and unit tests.
- Perform code reviews.
- Evolve and expand a modern, distributed microservice platform that is processing several billion USD annually.
- 3+ years of experience developing Java-based platforms and applications.
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science, Engineering, or another quantitative field.
- Java (will consider Kotlin, Scala & Go).
- Designing & scaling REST APIs in a distributed SOA system.
- Relational databases.
Bonus: Experience with AWS and Spring Boot.
COVID-19 considerations: Office has masking and social distancing protocol in place. Subject
to legal restrictions, all employees will be required to provide proof of vaccination to be
regularly in the office.
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive Benefits Package (Health, Dental, Medical, Vision)
- Group RRSP Plan (after 3 months)
- 3 weeks vacation
- Friday afternoon unwind